DRR Dynamics is currently running a series of seminars looking at the issue of at-risk or marginalised groups within a DRR setting. Calling upon the expertise of high level speakers and the wider DRR and humanitarian communities, past events have provided a useful space for discussion, debate and problem solving on a number of issues.
If you’d like to sign up to hear more about our events please contact us here
- Gendering Risk & Risk Management – Jun 2014 (London)
- A Post-2015 DRR Framework – opportunities and challenges for those communities considered ‘at-risk’ – Mar 2015 (London)
- The 2015 Landmark Agreements – Building a Gender-Inclusive Path for Implementation – Sept 2016 (NYC & hosted in partnership with UN Women)
LGBT+ groups & disasters
- This event will focus on the lack of literature, policy and guidance within the DRR community on including LGBT+ groups within emergency and disaster preparedness. Entitled: LGBT+ communities and disasters: Discussing the lack of sexual minority representation in disaster risk reduction policy and practice this session will explore, through insight and examples from leading voices in the DRR & humanitarian sectors, how we can engage with the community, develop policy and practice which recognises this section of the community.
- Gender, risk and the financial crisis – Details to follow.
- Disability positive: Participation, awareness and equality in DRR
- #NoNaturalDisasters 101